Competition is always a good thing. It forces us to do our best. A monopoly renders people complacent and satisfied with mediocrity. Nancy Pearcey
It’s exactly a year ago today that I founded the Quality Franchise Association ( QFA ). It’s been an amazing journey over the last 12 months. I knew there was a need for an association like the QFA from my experience of speaking to thousands of people over the last 16 years. That said I was totally unprepared for the whirlwind of the first year!
To say that the QFA has exceeded my expectations is an understatement! It’s been a truly amazing year & we have achieved so much including;
- Almost 100 members accredited or going through accreditation
- Successful launch of our professional accreditation, Verified Franchising Professional ( VFP ). We now have over 20 VFP accredited franchising professionals & it’s growing fast.
- Generating hundreds of sales leads for our members via the QFA website & the official franchise directory of the QFA.
- Successful launch of our free franchising seminars. Our first free franchising seminar at Barclays, Canary Wharf which was sold out weeks before the seminar & had some amazing feedback from attendee’s & members. We are now planning many more of these events across the UK.
- Promoting ethical franchising at events. The QFA team will also be at The Business Show, ExCel, London this month promoting franchising, come & meet us at Stand 880
We could not have achieved this without the huge support from our team & our members. It’s been a pleasure working with so many knowledgeable franchising professionals.
This is a great start but it’s just the beginning of the QFA’s journey. We have ambitious plans for 2020 & beyond & our team are already working on many more exciting projects.
I would like to thank all our members & others within the franchising sector that have given me such great support & feedback this year.
Joel Bissitt – CEO