Is it time for a career change in 2024?
Anyone working in the education sector knows that the autumn term is a tough one. It seems to go forever, and by the time the kids finally break up and you crawl home for Christmas, you’re completely exhausted. And even if you’re not in the education sector, you may find yourself leaving home and retuning in the dark at this time of year, putting in long hours and wondering if there isn’t a better way.
The good news is that there is a career opportunity for you to do what you love on your own terms. So, take a moment this holiday season, put your feet up, and let us tell you a little bit about our MagiKats franchise and how it could make a difference to you and your life.
WHO OR WHAT IS MAGIKATS?
MagiKats is a family business and as a family, we’ve been working in education for over 40 years. We recognised that there was a need to help children of all ages, and not just those in the bottom of the class, in the key subjects of Maths, English and Reasoning and so developed a tuition programme that supported the National Curriculum to provide extra, out of school support. We designed workshops that offer many additional benefits such as boosted confidence and skills that can be used in other subjects.
After developing a successful business locally, MagiKats launched as a franchise, with franchisees able to deliver affordable private tuition to children of all ages right up to 16, in their local community. The MagiKats programme has now been established for over twenty years, and uses a personalised workshop approach that provides individual programmes designed to suit each child and with one-to-one support for each when needed.
IS THIS THE CAREER FOR YOU?
Of course, whether our franchise is the right choice for you is a very personal and subjective choice but here are a few things about our franchise that might help you decide:
- If you’ve always wanted to have your own business, but are nervous about going it alone or not sure where to start. We provide everything you need including a tried and tested system along with lots of support.
- If you want to work in a growth area. According to a 2022 survey by the Sutton Trust, nearly one in three secondary school pupils in England and Wales have received private tutoring, and this figure has been increasing year on year.
- If you’re interested in your own professional development and learning new skills. There are lots of skills involved in running your own business from staff training to sales and marketing and the good news is, we’ll help you with all of them.
- If you’re looking for a better work life balance. Of course, you have to work at making your franchise a success but it’s a really flexible working model which allows you to choose your hours and how much you want to work, and fit it in around your family or other commitments.
- If you’re looking for a career with purpose or want to give back. Supporting the children in your community and watching them thrive and succeed is enormously rewarding as being very important for your community.
- If you love working in education but are frustrated with the system. A MagiKats franchise is a great way to get back to doing what you love, and you can be as hands on or off as you like.
- If you’ve never worked in education but would like a career change. You don’t have to have any education or teaching experience to run a MagiKats franchise.
- If you like people! As a franchisee you have your own team, but you are also part of the bigger MagiKats network and will meet and collaborate with other franchisees.
- You’re just ready for a change. Great, our franchise gives you an opportunity to run your own business, be in charge of your own team of tutors and develop an interesting new career.
HOW DOES THE FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY WORK?
The first step is to complete our enquiry form after which we’ll send you more information. Don’t worry, this isn’t a hard sell. If you’ve already done this, and when you’re ready, we’ll ask you to submit an Expression of Interest form which is our chance to find out more about you. We’ll also have a one-to-one conversation with you. Why? Because we won’t sell you a franchise if we don’t think it’s suitable for you. Why? Because we want you and all our franchisees to succeed.
You’ll also find lots of information on this website about our franchises including feedback from parents so that you really get a feel of what we’re all about.
We make sure you have all the information you need so that you can feel confident that a MagiKats franchise is right for you.
The good news is that we make it as easy as possible to get started. We provide you with business preparation training and a comprehensive training programme. Once you’re up and running we also provide ongoing professional development and plenty of support and advice from our team at MagiKats HQ. As part of our franchise, you’ll be in business for yourself but not by yourself.
The franchise package also includes:
- Our operating systems and methods
- A customised business plan, designed to reflect your particular circumstances
- Your own marketing plan, and marketing and sales training
This includes our MagiKats trademark, goodwill and intellectual property as well as stationery and marketing materials, our KATS computer system, a management system and opening inventory.
You get an exclusive and protected territory that will give you access to a large catchment area, and we’ll provide on site visits to support you. And we’re always only a phone call away.
HOW MUCH WILL I MAKE?
Whilst a MagiKats franchise isn’t all about the money, we do realise it is an important factor. It’s also difficult to say what you’ll earn because much of that is down to you. What we can say is that our franchisees enjoy a high margin business with an excellent referral rate, low overheads and great expansion opportunities for those who want them.
HOW MUCH DOES A MAGIKATS FRANCHISE COST?
The basic cost of a MagiKats franchise is £12,500, but don’t worry if you don’t have that sort of money. With as little as £2,000 deposit saved and a small business loan, you could get up and running.
We also have good working relationships with some high street banks, which makes taking out a small business loan to fund your franchise a quicker process. There are also government schemes so, although we are not a loan provider, we can point you in the right direction so you can find out what your options are.
Importantly, unlike many franchises, we do not charge an ongoing percentage based on your turnover. Instead, we charge two types of fixed fee each month – a support fee and a materials fee.
We’d welcome the opportunity to discuss our franchise with you and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision. As we’ve said already, there is no hard sell because we firmly believe it has to be right. If you’re interested in the exciting opportunities a new direction will bring, get in touch. It could just make 2024 the beginning of a brand new and exciting chapter in your life.